Thursday 24 September 2015

Self Representation

1. Use UK tribes to find the group or groups (there can be crossover) that you think you belong to. Why do you think this?

I would firstly categorise myself as a 'Sport's Junky' because of my love for dancing and horse riding. I have been doing these two hobbies from a very young age (around 5 years old) and although I have currently stopped dancing, I hope to pick it up again very soon. Not only have they built my confidence up immensely, but they are also a way to get out of my own head for a while if ever I am stressed, angry etc. They are my two most favourite things in the world and I hope to carry on with them for as long as possible.
Description: Sports Junkies are dedicated to sporting achievement and prepared to cut out friends and habits that stand in the way.


Being a sports junkie is probably the only tribe I would categorise myself into, and even that is not full on. There are other tribes that I suppose show elements of my personality and traits, but I would not fully categorise myself into them. For example a 'Towny' could be another tribe I show elements of as I'm a sucker for Saturday night TV; X factor, Saturday Night Takeaway, Britain's Got Talent, you get the gist.
Description: Townies are all about the high street fashion, pop music charts, Saturday night TV and a night on the town  

2. Do you consciously model (copy modes of dress, style yourself, act like) yourself on any media figures (actors, musicians etc)? Why is that?


I wouldn't say I model myself around any media figures specifically. However, the main shops that I buy my clothes from are Topshop, Newlook and Miss Selfridge. I try to keep 'in with the style' but ultimately I just throw on whatever matches that's in my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment